Remember the last post, wherein I said gapless playback wouldn’t work for 4.6.1?
Ha ha, just kidding, apparently
After a lot more debugging and poking around with state machines, we’ve figured out the bug with a proper solution. ’twas a simple two-line fix that everyone overlooked.
Phonon-gstreamer is the GStreamer backend to Phonon, Qt’s easy to use multimedia playback library. Version 4.6.1 is a bugfix release, which includes a handful of important items:
- Correctly save and resume states when fiddling with the pipeline during playback
- Fix metadata emission for http urls.
- Various memory leaks removed
- A handful of crashes fixed
- Fixed random freezes related to gapless playback
- More useful debug output via the PHONON_BACKEND_DEBUG environment variable.
As usual, you may download it from KDE infrastructure:
–With much love, The Phonominals.